Undoubtedly, one of the main difficulties at the office is lunch. However, it is one of the most important meals of the day and it is not suggested to skip lunch nor to eat a big one that makes you feel bad. Therefore, office lunch should be an easily prepared, nutritious and a meal that will satisfy our satiate. Mediterranean diet is the ideal one to cover the above needs of the office lunch. Read how you can easily prepared your lunch.
easily prepared, nutritious meal that will satisfy our senses
It’s 14:00, you haven’t understood how the time has passed, you have too much work to do and your deadline is at 18:00.
You are hungry, maybe not!!! Anyway, you don’t have time to eat and you continue working.
It’s 19:00, you have just finished. The only thing in your mind is FOOD! Now, you are at home and you are eating whatever you can find at the fridge. At the end of the day, you are going to bed exhausted and with a huge stomach pain.
It’s 14:00, time for lunch… and your choice is food delivery!!! Your meal finishes quickly, only the stomach pain reminds you that you had lunch. The work on the computer didn’t leave you even to feel the taste of the food. The only thing that you want now is to have a sleep.
Funky Fresh Legumes
Change the scenario…
Lunch is one of the most important meals because it refills body with energy and nutrients, in the middle of the day. Therefore, it is not suggested to skip lunch nor to eat a big one that makes you feel bad.
So, when we talk about office lunch we should think of:
- A meal easily prepared the night before, at the morning or at the office.
- A nutritious meal containing all the macro- and micronutrients that can cover the body needs.
- A meal that will satisfy our senses but it won’t make us fill badly.
Mediterranean diet offers the ability to cover the above needs of the office lunch, if the ‘’gold trinity rule’’ is followed.
Find the steps and prepare the ‘’magic’’ lunchbox with:
- 1 portion of fruits or vegetables
- 1 portion of bread or cereals or rice or pasta or legumes
- 1 portion of protein (e.q fish or eggs or yogurt or cheese)
- ‘’Dakos’’ Salad: A traditional salad from Crete with a barley rusk, tomato and feta cheese.
- Lentils Salad:A mix of seasonal vegetables, 1 cup of lentils and 2 tbs. cream cheese.
- One portion of grilled vegetables (peppers, tomato, mushrooms), grated parmesan and one grilled potato.
- One portion of boiled vegetables (broccoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts), a barley rusk, a boiled egg and feta cheese.
- Tuna Salad: A cup of pasta, tomato, ¼ avocado, canned tuna and green peppers.
On the above plates add 1 tbs. olive oil, a bit of salt, herbs and good appetite!!!
The right meal needs the right eating environment…
Sometimes, a well designed meal is not enough. A well designed eating environment is also needed. Follow the next suggestions to enjoy your meal.
- Leave your desk… it’s lunch time.
- Focus on the smell and the taste of your meal… eat mindfully!!!
- Chew well and spent 15-20 minutes at your meal.